View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
RayAllen20
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: NBA 2K11 Wishlist

Ok here it goes...

Defense -The #1 priority

You really need to fix your help D. The help D is there at first, but then there is no rotation by the defense. No one bumps cutters, players double when they shouldn't, players just leave their man open for some reason, and players get beat on cuts every game.

NBA 2K11 needs to be a game where defense wins championships. I want talking on defense, heck, I want to actually here my teammates telling me information. A pick is coming to my right side yell, 'Pick Right!'. My teammate is on the right and my man has the ball 'Help Right side!'. This is a little thing that would go a long way.

Another thing that bothers me is the lack of contact animations. It seems I can go through players. This is why there are so many points in the paint. This is why if we lower the sliders we get stuck with dumb lay-ups. The paint is where you get fouled hard! You get hit and readjust you shot mid-air. NOT where you just get a little slap on the arm and get an easy AND1 where it's like you didn't even get touched.

One other defensive thing you developers need to take from the other game. Dribbling in the crowded paint is a turnover almost half the time. It gets crowded and there's no space to dribble. Sure, CP3 and Parker can do it, but I don't want to see any big men or players with only decent ball handling skills doing Isos in the paint. This will make people play more basketball. Play more mid range which IS more like basketball.

The Crowd needs to be in the game!!

In CH2K8, one of the greatest games ever made, they had the 6th man meter. This was an awesome idea. Let's say I'm trailing the Magic by 10 with the Sixers. AI just finishes a ridiculous alley-oop, and the crowd goes crazy. The 6th man meter would fill up because of the big play, and my team would get the momentum. This could cause some comebacks and blowouts. Another example is if Dwight Howard rejects AIs dunk attempt, and the crowd is silent. This would cause for the Magic to gain momentum and to probably coast to an easy win.

This causes home court advantage to feel like home court advantage. In CH2K8 playing at Duke was much more difficult than playing at Hartford. I would like it if stealing a road game in a playoff series felt like actually stealing it. When I'm tied 3-3 in a playoff series with no homecourt advantage, I want to have to play my best ball to win that game. Win game 7 on the road should be amazingly difficult. The meter fills more quickly, and the home team gets a lot of momentum.

Here's another thing needed for the crowd. Game Types:

1. Small Regular Season Game- Grizzlies vs. Knicks mid-season should be quiet. No one really cares for that game.

2. Normal Regular Season Game- Nothing too special with the crowd. Just like it is now.

3. Big Regular Season Game- When two teams at the top of the standings clash in the regular season the crowd should be a little more loud, more standing ovations, and just a little more intense.

4. Playoff Game- Crowd should be real into it. Much louder on big plays. Reacts more. If theres a big play they'll go crazy, if it's a bad play they'll be pissed. I should feel the intensity of playoff basketball. Also all the fans should be wearing the same shirt.

5. Game 7- Crowd extremely into it. Almost defeaning when your team makes a big play. Make me have to adjust my volume setting for this game. The crowd should over react on every play and not dissapear at all. They should be really into it.

6. Finals- The most intense crowd you can create. 5X what it is now.

Association

No bugs, fix player stats. Test it, make sure it is realistic.

My Player

No bugs, gimme an option of player minutes. Gimme an option of simming and how long the season is.

And one addittion I need is....SuperSim! To play realistic in this game I have to play 10-12 minutes. One game takes an hour. It sucks. With SuperSim, I could sim to the 4th quarter and play about 15 minutes of intense basketball. I could then do an 82 game season and it would be awesome. Please add this. I have big expectations for this game.