Old 10-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #21
astarr
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Scripting plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Astarr,

Looks like a pretty solid game. Did it feel like your gameplan came together or did you have to go off script.
Well, as I said, they signed a couple of DT's that had 90+ strength ratings right before the game. I was prepared for their back-up DT who I believe was sub-80.

They started out stuffing the inside run (I actually had 7 out of the first 10 play calls be inside runs). I found myself in a quick 3rd and 9, so I had to improvise into a pass play. I converted a PA pass.

Other than 2 play calls in the first half, I stayed on script. I did a little better on the edge in the running game, and also used the juke move to cut some inside runs outside. That helped.

It was a sloppy game, but I didn't feel like it was cheap. I threw three INT's and they threw 5, but none of them felt cheap. For me one was a duck that I threw as I was hit. Thing is, it was totally legit. PWillis creamed Hasselbeck, put him out for a quarter, so the duck was completely warranted. The other two were plays where the cornerbacks jumped the routes. The thing is, they were playing that way all game. I was actually able to go over the top twice, because they were playing that way.

Right now, I am contemplating restarting, though, because the 49ers didn't have Gore #1 on the depth chart. So, since I just completed Game 2 of the season and have the game plans and notes, I am thinking that I may go back and re-adjust all the depth charts in the league and start over.

I will try and keep this thread going, since you are following it. I've had some back problems this year (was bed-ridden for two whole weeks), and with the change in the weather here in ID, I've had some trouble this week-end. I know it sounds crazy but yesterday I couldn't sit in a chair for very long, so I am going to take some ibuprofin and see if it will help. Hopefully, if I restart I can redo the first two games of the season tonight. We'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove