Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
z ROCKnROLLA z
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Tips for Defense!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I consider myself a defensive strategist and I've got a few questions. I see that you USED to play SS. What manually controlled defender do you stick to now? After the snap do you find yourself clicking on another player closer to the action or do you ride it out with your player no matter how out of position you are?

How do you find yourself playing with your eyes? Do you look at your manually controller defender or stay focused on the play? And do you have any tips for fighting off blocks?

I see that you've got a few defensive hot routes? I myself have found that this year I've got a harder time making pre-snap adjustments because the CPU seems to snap the ball so quickly.

Do you move your d-line any and if you do what's the thought process? I've always been a bit hesitant because if I guess wrong I don't seem to get much pass rush.

Oh and what level and quarter length do you play on if you don't mind me asking?
Ok I'll try answer this as best I can.

I will start with a DE or SS and I'll watch the snap and change player accordingly, most of the time it comes off and I can make a tackle or cover the pass!!
Sometime's madden totally blows me out of the play and changes me to a player that I do not want to change to.
If I see its gonna be a pass I'll press with my DE, If it's a run I'll try switch to a player that can make a play!!!

I can stay focused on the play and my player!!!

Beating blocks. If your struggling for pressure you can create miss matches then swap your DE's around. You can use the right stick to swim move or use power move.

I go power from snap, swim left or right, depends on where the play is going and using the right stick left or right to go through blocking traffic.

Making a tackle, if I am LB, CB or Safety, Speed can be your enemy sometimes and you can totally miss a tackle because you have over run the play.
So I will slow down either by releasing turbo or line up the tackle with Left trigger and use right stick or X to tackle!!!

I will line up my D line mainly on their week side, where their main TE lines up and shift my LB's there to , I'f I am blitzing I will create huge pressure as there is no one on that side unless th FB or RB stays to block.
I can also adjust to nano blitz with C2 and C3, and blitz the middle with 2 LB's but you will need some time to adjust so if your playing with accelerated clock you have to be quick, so I will end up blitzing with all 3 LB's and line them up in the gaps, this can be dangerous at times and if their main receiver or their slot receiver runs in that hole in the field you will give up some yards and will have to make a play with your safety's, a QB like MCnabb will pick you apart and drive up the field!

I will play Hardcore play style with 12 plus mins with accelerated clock depends on what slider settings I'm using. 52 injury 52 fatigue 50 threshold.
I will always look at using harder Sliders as my IQ will drop if my sliders are to easy. My IQ is 770 so I think that puts my level on 15 all madden!

Last edited by z ROCKnROLLA z; 10-12-2009 at 10:56 PM.