View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
Dmacho
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: When I play franchise mode, I miss NFL Head Coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
Im all for adding every aspect of HC 09 with a few changes:
-Make training camp how it was in last gen, where we could do the drills with our players.
-Contract negotiations, i loved the idea but i got sick of signing players to 2 year deals every time and having to redo their deal every year. So my idea is to negotiate years with the player first in the same haggling way. You pick 7 years he picks 2 you pick 6 he picks 3 and so on until you come to an agreement on years, then you get into the money and incentives and negotiate that in the same way.
What do you think?
Great idea, the negiation system as it is now is the same old system without the interest meter telling us exactly what the player is thinking and what he'll sign for. I want more wheeling in dealing in franchise when trying to sign players to contracts.

I had a feeling this year that offline franchise mode was going to be a let down. During all the interaction, the devs didn't get into franchise mode as much as other gameplay aspects. If I recall there were nearly as many blogs about franchise ; the one's that were talked mainly about fixes. Better player trade and draft logic , 1st round busts & late round gems .

Even with the new focus, the exclusive license still hurts costumers because EA can simply taking their own sweet time with certian aspects of madden ; that's exactly what they're doing with offline & online for that matter. What the crap is the point in having online franchise with no contracts ? If their are no contracts , there's no free acency or salary cap. So really, the only way there is to get players is through the draft. Online franchise is basically online dysnasty(NCAA) with NFL teams. Recruit or draft players, play games.