Thread: Scripting plays
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #24
astarr
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Scripting plays

Replayed the Rams and 49ers (also made some slider adjustments). Still having too easy of a time running the ball. The thing that bothers me is breaking the Pro-Tak tackle. I don't mind it if it is either a one time a game thing, or if it was a game or two a year. I do believe that sometimes these guys go into a game and feel good for whatever reason, so they are faster a little stronger, etc, maybe the D is having a bad day tackling. However, I am averaging 8.6 yds a carry with Jonathan Stewart (remember I traded for him, a first rounder, Edge and either a guard or fullback. I went off the list of what they wanted for him.)

As far as the gameplans, they both worked really well. The first game Hasselbeck was kinda atrocious throwing a couple Ints and wasn't accurate (now it wasn't me, he just didn't hit his spots). Stewart and the D carried the day, and the Rams are awful.

Against the 49ers, I had a 21 point lead in the third, but the returned a fumble for a touchdown. I did really well on D, but they had two defensive TD's (int, fumble). They also sacked the holder on a FG attempt.

I keyed on Gore, and they never attempted to get Davis loose down the field. He just ran crossing routes, curls, hitches, etc.

I am enjoying the game planning.

Next come the Bears. Cutler, Forte and Hester. This will be the first speedy receiver that I have faced.

On the defensive side of the ball, they appear susceptible to the run. They will probably blitz like mad, so I have a ton of runs and PA plays off of those runs to see if I can neutralize their speed up front.

We'll see how it goes.