View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
DaveDQ

OVR: 34
Re: Web 2.0 is Invading Your Games

I am very excited about the future of sports gaming and its blending in web features. It's where I spend most of my time in gaming. What it does is allows user to create. That's what makes it so exciting for me. I'm 37 years old, I have enjoyed sports gaming and gaming in general for some time, but the incorporation of these recent periperals have taken the experience to another level.

Like MessenjahMatt, you can go as far as recreating special moments, or you can create your own set of circumstances with created players etc. The ability now to put that in image or video adds a layer that makes your story more dynamic. It's essential to the person wanting to develop and add creativity to their gaming experience.

In the future, I would like to see better quality in video uploads, the ability to use your own voice for commentary in a game (I know, that's a big request) and more freedom to adjust games so they best support what you want to do.

Thanks for the write up. And thanks for linking MessanjahMatt. I have never seen his work before. Very impressive.