View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Dianwei32
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Elusiveness Rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
Elusiveness determines if you're good for Kick and Punt returns cause you have to be Elusive in that kind of environment.
I think this is where either you are confused, or you just lost me. Elusiveness (from what I've been able to gather) is how well a player can break a tackle using a spin/juke move after contact it made. There is a separate Kick Return rating that affects how well people can return kicks. I've noticed that players that return punts/kicks with a low Return rating are generally slower than normal, break fewer tackles, make slower cuts, and fumble more (even with decent Carrying ratings).

For Example, I've had one of two people returning kicks in my Franchises, Felix Jones (96 Speed, 96 Elusiveness, 90 Return) and Shagg Makino (95 Speed, 95 Elusiveness, 60 Return). When Felix is returning kicks, he's blazing fast, makes quick cuts, breaks out of tackles, and can occasionally take one back for a TD. When Shagg is returning kicks, he's very noticeably slower (feels like he's in the 85-90 Speed range, not 95), he makes slower cuts, he rarely breaks tackles, and he fumbles the ball 75% of the time if anyone hits him with significant force (78 Carrying to Jones' 70).

The only significant difference in ratings between Jones and Makino is that Jones has a much better Return rating, and he is a much better KR/PR as a result.

Anyway, back on subject, Elusiveness doesn't affect the ability to return kicks (that I've noticed), so I think that guys like Fitz and Moss that are able to make guys miss and break tackles after the catch deserve high Elusiveness ratings. One thing that I want the Madden team to take a look at is teams using offensive starters that don't return kicks as KR. I saw the Raiders using Nnamdi and McFadden as KR one Franchise.