View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
JohnnyNutman
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Mode Scouting Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid1994
I am pretty sure the less scouts you have the better your scouting team is. In the off season when buying coaches etc the only 18 scouts is the best I think. You end up knowing pretty much how all the players potential will be once you end up with the best scouting team.

I picked 18 players starting with the highest potential scouted them for 6 weeks then moved on to the next and after 6 more weeks you can get the next 18 for 5 weeks. I am not sure if there is a better way but I would just write down all the top potential guys that I scouted so I could look for them in the draft. When draft day came I pretty much got all A potential players in every round of the draft.

The thing is the highest potential player might not go first round because he will start off at say 58 overall because he needs to mature. On draft day they rate the players say top 10 by how well there stats are now not there potential least I think thats how it is. Doing all of that will get you all the best players but its really unrealistic. If you wanted it to be real dont even scout them.
this is what i realised in my last off-season. the 18 player scout team has more experience & is more expensive, so i figure they have better quality reports.

since i do well in the season i dont get good draft picks, so i want to find those hidden gems. half the players i scout usually end up been top draft picks, but then of course there are ones that slide.

im pretty slack in my scouting tho. last season i tried to guess what positions i would need & just tagged the top potential players for most positions. i didnt even change it mid-season when they were fully scouted.

there i two things i wish they would add to it tho:
1: their combine results (during the actual draft)
2: some sort of blurb about each player that describes their playing style (during the season scouting). i.e. "this DE is a speedy edge rusher", "this HB is a power runner". they dont have to give any info about their skill, but just something to let u in on their playing style.