Old 10-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #162
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
While I do agree with sports games needing/having patches...the one flaw in your response (which is in bold)....the big deal is length of season.

By the time (usually) Madden gets its patch(s) we're usually in mid to late Oct/Nov...or Dec....see the problem yet? By this time alot of cats have already moved on to other games,as the football season is nearing it's conclusion.

Compared to the other sports (Hockey,Baseball and Basketball) whose seasons are much longer...82,82 and 162, the waiting for Madden is more troublesome. At least with those other games,you can still salvage a decent season/franchise.

I guess it would all boil down to how dedicated someone is,but in comparison to the other sports,Madden SHOULD be a more complete game from the get-go.
I don't have any issues with patches,but when they get released so late in the football season (for major issues) it just zaps any excitement from wanting to play the game anymore.

I'm still running a "test" franchise,and for the most part still able to find SOME fun,but to be honest,my patience is getting VERY thin at this point.
Yeah, your right, that part is frustrating. When I wrote that, I meant coming from a perspective of every sports game has patches they we wait on.