Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #206
bgeno
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Honestly, I don't care how great gameplay is. If the atmosphere is bad, who wants to play it?
If the gameplay was sick, I'd play it. Atmosphere gets old, gameplay keeps me coming back for more.

Quote:
Am I missing something here? I'm not directing this at you BGeno, but some gamers need to stop settling for less and raise your expectations.
You're talking to people who prefer gameplay over presentation about settling for less? Pot, meet kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
So if gameplay was as tight as the real thing in Madden 08, you'd be happy as pie with that????
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I do.

I want football to played well on a football game.

If that doesn't happen, all the realistic atmosphere and grass getting chewed up and halftime shows don't matter to me.
Bingo.

I can watch football on Sundays for realistic halftime shows and cut scenes and all that jazz. In fact, everything there is done PERFECT.

What I can't do on Sundays (or any other time for that matter) is control my team, take over the coaching duties and tell a player almost exactly what to do.

I can do presentation every weekend, but I can't do gameplay.

Maybe you guys should try Blitz: The League? And I don't mean that in a condescending tone. It, admittedly, has some neat cut scenes and presentation elements.