Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #207
swiftychampleone
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I do.

I want football to played well on a football game.

If that doesn't happen, all the realistic atmosphere and grass getting chewed up and halftime shows don't matter to me.

I liked 2K5 - not for the halftime show, but for the depth of the gameplay and the weekly planning system.

Maybe because I'm a text-sim player at heart (OOTP, Baseball Mogul, etc) I care less about graphics over balanced and realistic gameplay and game systems, but I would MUCH rather have Madden play the game of football very well over giving me the TV-Show like presentation.

MLB The Show was brought up. It's awesome in commentary - but if it played a poor game of baseball, I would be saying "that's nice - great commentary" and not play much because the sport itself is played too poorly.

Given the way the Madden gameplay is, I'm not asking for less by wanting it perfected as much as possible.
I also want football to be played well. Both should be done right. If you noticed my earlier post, I hit on how important gameplay is. What I'm saying is, one should no be sacrificed for the other. Like Roadman stated, there are separate groups on the EA team that work on different areas of the game. So my question to EA is, what's the problem?