View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #233
dannydufflebags
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
I hate to start the console wars here, but I think the 360 is holding us back. We all know that Blu-Ray holds over 5X more space than a standard DVD. Multi-platform games are made for 360 and ported over to PS3. If it was the other way, Xbox 360 would need a second disc and that would cost Microsoft money, big time. If Sony was winning this console war, this wouldn't be a problem but Sony was so STUPID for their high price system in the beginning that no one really wanted to develop for it for fear of poor game sales. No offense, but it's time for developers to tell MS to get a blu-ray component for their system because it's not enough space to move forward.
What all of you are failing to realize, is the problem has nothing to do with disc space, but the two system's internal memory (RAM).
So all of these arguments about Blu-ray making the game better are null.

With that said, I don't believe either system is to blame for the problems in the game, EA and development are. If EA would hire a second dev team to work on long term improvements, we would have a good game. I don't expect them to spend more money, but that would fix the problem.

I am upset with the dev team for telling us things were in the game,that never made it to the game, but I really don't think it is possible to fix this game with the small amount of time they have during a cycle, and the demands of the marketing dept. (back of the box)