View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #444
G-Men_in_Mass
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
It proves that ratings don't mean anything ; it proves that it's a waste of time scouting players in franchise or paying highly rated free agents a lot of money, because ratings don't mean anything. It proves that there's no point to franchise mode, which the devs put very little effort into franchise mode anyway.

I didn't buy the game to find what was wrong with it. I didn't notice any difference when going from team to team with the exception of the QB. When I played against the Patriots, I didn't fear Moss ; when I played with the Cardinals I didn't fear Fitz or Boldin. When playing against Vikings, the difference between Peterson and Taylor were minimal if not non-existent ; Jared Allen was like any other DE in the game and for some reason, no matter who the LDE was, they'd get more sacks that the RDE which is the teams best pass rusher. I played a franchise with the Eagles were by week 5 Juqua Parker(LDE) had 10 sacks, Cole(RDE) at the time had 3 and the CPU still didn't slide protection over to Parker.

That's why I tried to see if all the people that claimed the ratings were meaningless were telling the truth. As it turns out, they were.

This statement is just wrong.. WR I may not see a big differnce in say from Moss to Kevin Curtis, but there is a differnce peroid.
Now as far as the RBs go there is a HUGE differnce when playing against MBIII or AP, compared to playing a M.Lynch or Thomas Jones.. I think you need to check your sliders..