View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
Meast21Forever
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: How to defend the pass with mediocre cornerbacks.

it depends on the situation and the team. if you're playing a team that comes out in 4 wr a lot, go with zones. cover 2, cover 3, etc. i bring my safeties in on most 2nd/3rd down plays to help with tackles. the computer is going to make plays.

a speed de really helps me. i have brian orakpo and he gets around the corner and puts pressure on the cpu. with this pressure, there are fewer deep attempts. that helps the zone have more success.

and you have to react to how the offense is playing. typically, (for me anyway) the cpu goes to one guy more often on third down. so, what i do, i shadow the TE or RB (to eliminate the dumpoff), push my nickle corner up to play press on the slot wr, then select my mlb and cover over the middle to prevent the drag routes over the middle.

it's fairly effective for me. carlos rogers covers pretty well, but deangelo hall is trash in coverage so picking those coverages really helps him out.