View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
joet6683
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Does the defensive matchup tool work well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelysk
It works just fine I use it all the time. The only issues I find is when I try to use my SS to cover a TE. One of a few things will happen:

1)The SS switches places with a LB, so the LB will play SS assignment on the play and the SS will cover the TE assuming its man coverage.

2)The SS will stay were he is at. BUT, there is the issue that the player may come out with a flipped formation and so the TE is on the weak side so when the ball is snapped the SS will have to run across the field to try and cover him.

CBs covering WRs works perfectly fine from my experience. However, keep this in mind, if the other player is constantly using multiple WR sets and you use a lot of dime and nickle eventually your CB will get tired out so what ever CB is left on the depth chart (your 4th stringer may be?) that is not assigned a player to cover will take his spot covering the #1 WR (assuming the other CBs are on the field covering their respective assigments).
you mean to tell me if i play cover 2 man, but have my SS assigned to the TE, he will man up on the TE and a LB will take his deep zone?????? I had no idea and never bothered to make an assignment for a safety, i always assumed he would only take his assignment if his original play assignment was to play man coverage.