View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
ComfortablyLomb
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Business ethics and ea (No Flame)

Quote:
ea in its business strategy attempted to kill competition with is exclusive license, the reasons for my thinking on this has been mentioned ad nauseam. The intent of their business strategy was unethical, lack of competition committs violence against capitalism.
The NFL decided it wanted to sell an NFL liscense to the highest bidder. EA was the highest bidder. Blame the NFL for selling the liscense in the first place if you want to pass the blame around. Purchasing it was simply a survival move on the part of EA. If you want to disagree, fine, but you're wrong and just blowing a lot of hot air.
Quote:
ea lied to its consumers, this game is supposedly built from the ground up, well, I have played the game, it basically is the same core gameplay with better graphics with the same old problems toned down. They also mislead consumers with the cg screens and video that were advertised way back when, that is false advertising which is unethical. Also, to remove features and modes and to release a half baked product and charge more for it is unconsionable.
Your definition of being built from the ground up clearly differs from theirs. It's not their fault that you took their words and tried to make them add up to the highest hopes and dreams of your own. Wait till next year if you really want to see what the Madden franchise will be like under the exclusive liscensing agreement.
Quote:
The way in which the procured the license (through an open bid..yeah right) was unethical, if you take the situation as I have. Ask yourself one question, how can a bid be open when you know beforehand that ea has the most money and will definitely when the bid? Please answer that. Now if the bid was in fact legit then this point is irrelevant, but again, please answer the question.
You are clearly a communist. Where's McCarthy when you need him?
Advertisements - Register to remove