View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #497
Dmacho
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
You still have to give the exceptions a rating. Which means there needs to be a category to hold that rating. So you might as well give it every player.

As far as simulation what doesn't happen in the NFL - why doesn't it make sense?

Does Ray Rice throw halfback passes in the NFL? No because that's not in Baltimore's game plan. However, if he's on a team in Madden that DOES have a halfback pass in their playbook, and that team has Ray Rice, or any other HB that doesn't throw passes in the NFL, and that team calls a HB pass and the HB throws the ball - how does the game resolve that?

Exceptions wouldn't cut it. What if I don't have one of the exceptions, but call the play? Should it be an automatic failure? Is that realistic?
Brian Westbrook doesn't throw HB passes, why does the game need to figure out who worse at throwing the football ? Players that haven't done something in the NFL should have a N/A by that rating. If you try to get them to do whatever that something is, they should fail miserably. Now if a player who hasn't done that something, all of a sudden does it(in real life), that's what roster updates are for. My point is, the game doesn't need to figure how much worse a player is at something than another player, especially when you consider the fact that there is no data to determine that.

Quote:
Oh and as far as why has STR when you have blocking strength:

RBS/PBS = Hold long they engage the block. STR could equal how much push you get. A low STR o-lineman with high RBS could be one that holds his block forever, but doesn't drive the D-lineman 3 yards off the LOS.
This is all just speculation. I don't see the need for STR rating for a olineman when you have a strength rating for pass blocking and run blocking. RBF could effect how good a defender is at getting in position to make a block and how long he can hold the block , where as RBS would determine if he blows his lineman 3 yards of the line, pancakes him or gets very little push at all.

Quote:
RTE is for running precise routes. I.e. the WR knows where to be and when to be there. AGI could impact how square his cuts are and how fast he makes them and how much speed he loses in and out of those cuts, and how well he can shake his man in man-to-man coverage. A high AGI WR could be more adept at throwing the fake in a double move route, for example.

Those are different skills/physical traits. No problems with having those, imo.
If RTE running is for KNOWING where to be and when to be there, then what role does awareness have ? I would think that awareness would determine if a WR is where he's supposed to be, when he's supposed to be there. RTE running controls how fast the a WR comes in and out of his cuts.

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-23-2009 at 11:45 AM.