View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
djphleks
Rookie

OVR: 3
Saints Def. Package

I thought EA would have made some adjustments to the Saints Defensive package but I guess not. The Saints still have the same D playbook that was under Gary Gibbs. Greg Williams has really come in and made a difference. He uses multiple packages on offense. In 6 weeks, I've seen our traditional 4-3 package, 4-6 3-4, 3-4 elephant (puts a defensive end as a strong side LB), Base Nickel, 2-4-5 Nickel, 3-3-5 Nickel, and even a 1-5-5 package with a DE line front. Most of these packages aren't in the saints D playbook. I tried Jax playbook (Greg Williams wad the DC at Jax last year) and still not enough playbooks. I finallly switched to the Multiple D playbook and I've had a lot of success.

Hopefully next year EA will change the D playbook. Has anyone else noticed that your D playbook didn't change even though your DC did?

One more thing. I finished my first offline franchise with the Saints (16-0) and now I have to hire coaching staff members. I think that when you hire a new OC or DC something in your playbook should be added. Why even hire an OC or DC if they don't bring anything new to the team?
Advertisements - Register to remove