View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #8
frankrizzo380
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Madden plays differently on different TV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Its probably because the flat panel tv is running in progressive mode while the tube tv is running in interlaced mode. Progressive means its rendering the frames fully in a single sweep as in 60 frames while interlaced is splitting each video frame into two sequential fields as in 30 frames . Progressive tends to give the human eye the feeling of smoothness and cleaner flow in moving objects on the screen. This is probably what your noticing...i doubt very much that the actual game has anything to do with this. Although maybe the type of connection your using on the tube vs the flat panel has something to do with it as well.. certain video connections (composite, component,hdmi,etc) allow more bandwidth then others.

This is also why 1080p is smoother and looks better to the eye then say 1080i... i = interlaced while p = progressive ..just incase you didnt know

Moe
thank you good sir, i've always wanted to know the difference between i/p but was too lazy to google or ask why lol
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...