View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Canadeion
Banned

OVR: 7
I can't decide what I'm going to do for Madden 11...

I don't know if I'm going to buy it on release, play for a few weeks, get frustrated with it, then wait 4 months for the patch... or if I'm going to wait until the patch comes first, then buy the game.

I have perennially done the former and purchased the game upon release. But I'm really wondering if the months of waiting is worth it just to have a coaster with Fitzgerald and Polamalu on it.

On one hand, if you buy the game upon release, and play it, you'll have a chance to really notice the things fixed with the patch. I think perhaps you can appreciate the game more after seeing the improvements. Whereas if you buy the game after the patches are released, you don't have any of the issues that people have had for months, but you can't really have a true appreciation for the updates made, and that may make the game worse in the long run, because you've seen no improvements.

Of course there is always the third option of not buying it at all until EA can toss out a game that doesn't need 4 months worth of patching to begin with...

So the question is - buy it, wait it out, or abandon it?
Advertisements - Register to remove