View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #7
kicker_f1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: For all computer savyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Is the cost of LCD monitor included in that price?

2 Graphics Card and Power supply slick deal.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.273279

Also are you looking at Intel or AMD as your CPU?

Full tower PC case in case you wanted to do dual graphics card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811166004
Otherwise a mid tower case will just suffice.

Since tommorow is sunday, I'll look around tommorow since I am hoping there will be better deals.

I am one of those who believe you don't need to replace something which is still working.

1. No the monitor price is not included in that price range. I have a nice 17" Samsung SyncMaster LCD monitor which I've been using for quite some years over 4 years I believe and haven't seem any dead pixel yet! thats what I called reliability. Way to go Samsung!
Of course it would be nice if I could buy a 20"+ monitor

2. Wowww! that's an amazing deal. I think I paid $70.00 for my 500W Antec Power supply but I know I'm gonna get a pci express 2.0 i'm gonna need a new power supply to juice all that powers and because of the different connector too. and for some reason I have always like NVIdia over ATI. I wasn't thinking about the SLI configuration, I thought one vid card was enough but after looking at the price its basically the same if i buy one of those vid card and a power supply!!!! amazing deal of course i will definitely look into it.

3. I have always liked AMD over Intel. I've been told several times by friends and computer articles that AMD is more intended for gamers.

4. I don't think I need a new tower, I own a Thermaltake Full Tower. The case is rock solid! has alot of ventilation - one on the side, one for every bay which fits two hard drive and 2 fans on the rear of the case.

My price range of 500-700 will include a new motherboard, cpu, memory, vid card and power supply and before i forget an aftermarket cpu fan/heatsink. I'm gonna keep my DVD-Rom and DVD Writer, all my hard drives and cpu fans.