View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #30
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
re: Proposed New Control Scheme for Fight for the Fumble.

Thanks. For some reason they decided not to show you whether you were winning possession of the ball or not in order for there to be a surprise as to 'who' has the ball which is what typically occurs from a spectators perspective. I believe this to be a tactical mistake. As the gamer, you are the player, not the spectator. You will know if you have the ball.

Instead of this route, they should synchronize the timing of the players being removed from the pile with the movements of the analog sticks and the securing of the ball such that the refs are actively removing players by the time the player is attempting to hold on to the ball. Or, if the player is unable to secure the ball, have a ref quickly show the other team has possession.

In addition, the camera needs to be pulled back so you can get a better view of the action. As it stands it's too close up and you don't really get the feel of a pile up. Usually when it happens, I'm trying to adjust to what's going on, which means there needs to be more of an interval between when the ball is loose and the player actively begins fighting for it, or a generic way of fighting for it from the onset such as moving the analog sticks up and down (i.e. something that doesn't require a visual queue from the game that requires the gamer to react, such as hitting a specific button A, B, X, or Y).