View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #32
Poetique
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Proposed New Control Scheme for Fight for the Fumble.

Better scheme than what's in place, but in all honestly it just needs to be removed. It's another silly, useless gimmick they wasted time on instead of fixing problems with the basics of the game like they should have.

Besides that, controllers aren't built to last forever, and I'm not too keen on stressing them out with such a silly gimmick.

Fight for fumble could, and probably should, simply be based on the strength of the two players contesting the ball, as well as their positions on the ball. If say... James Harrison falls on a fumble and then Deangelo Hall falls on it as well and they're in equally good position, does Hall actually have a decent chance of taking it away from Harrison? Hell no. Unless of course hall was in the best possible position, DIRECTLY on top of the ball. Ceteris paribus, Harrison has at least a 90% chance of taking it.

But I'm all for a better scheme of implementing it... yours is certainly better than what we currently have, although I think whatever scheme is used should be only minor in stress to the controller.