View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #24
tril
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Defense in 2k10 really represents TODAY NBA STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12orlando
tril if you don't know nothing about soccer then do not make assumptions. It is obvious cos you think soccer is slow and easy to sim. Soccer is more tactical and strategic than basketball and a lot harder to replicate realistically in a game. Basic things like judging when to make forward runs, how hard to close down, mentality, maintaining defensive shape and most importantly 19 other off-ball players needing to adapt to who has the ball, where he is and opposition players is enough to test any AI logic system. Its a big pitch with lots of space that needs to be shut out and off-ball player positioning

And fifa is more sim than before but is still ways off from being realistic.
the point isnt about knowing anything about soccer. your statement basically backs up what Im saying. thats what I meant by being more methodical. and soccer is such a niche sports that the developers go for the hard core soccer fans.

there are more casual fans/gamers in Basketball, and football. Thats why these games out the box play more arcadey, with sim style presentation. this is world wide, not just in the states.

casual fans and gamers, want the highlights.
There are very few casual soccer fans in the states. Its either you love it or hate it. most hate it and tolerate it on the weekends when they have to take their kids to soccer on the weekends. Also, highlights in soccer is far and few in between, thats why ratings are low in the states. the action is to methodical or as you put it, tactical, for the casual fan.

Im a foreigner in the states, the sports that my family grew up playing and watching is soccer, but Im just calling it as I see it.

not knocking soccer, cause we are talking about why Basketball games are more arcadey out the box.

again if the developers went with true sim out the box, the sale would slip. no casual fan or gamer wants to plod through a game.

again 2k and EA are developing these games the correct way. make the games as customizable as possible for the true sim heads, not the other way around. they'd lose money.