View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
SladeRider
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 3 1st round picks: What to do with them?

Simmed ahead to see what I would get and the picks would cost me a fortune being top 6 picks.

I did go with the Nick Mangold trade, might cost alot in the game and in reality but the truth is, I can't afford to have the 1st round picks on my roster, and even if I did draft players, the chances of them being a starter from the get go is slim to none and I would like instant impact from a 1st round pick.

In the last draft, I had the 4th pick in the draft, traded out of the 1st round and picked up Jalyun Foster in the 2nd round, saved me a ton of money and I also got Earl Whitaker in the draft in the 2nd round and both are starters now as Justin Smith is now rated an 84 this season while Jalyun Foster is rated 85.

The problem with the 1st round picks isn't just the money but them playing enough to live upto that contract and if they are not starters, they won't deserve the money their on.

And anyway, I might get a draft that has
Spoiler
in it and they would easly sort out any issues with my SS . But as I said, there aren't alot of roster spots open that a 1st rounder could just step into and therefore, I don't want to waste picks on players that will cost an arm and a leg that won't start for me and while giving up three 1st round picks for Mangold is alot, it's the best option for a Mike Singletary coached team.
Advertisements - Register to remove