View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #12
billyboy316
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 3 1st round picks: What to do with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeRider
I've had the Jack English draft and the AJ Cleary draft and from those, I'm set at QB, OL, FB, WR, TE, DE, DT, OLB, MLB and FS. I'm set for HB aswell because I've got Frank Gore there and he kind of broke all rushing records the previous seasons. I'm half set at CB because I've got Nate Clements there along with Donel Williams and Julian Craft, and the only position that looks weak is SS with Marcus Wyns there along with Tercel Alaeze.

I could trade two of the 1st round picks and get four 2nd round picks back and trade my other 1st round pick for Brandon Meriweather or Chris Hope and get a 3rd round pick back in that trade but Meriweather is in the final year of his contract and Chris Hope is 30, he's not really good enough to get at his age.

But if I got Meriweather, would Marcus Wyns and Tercil Alaeze progress as they should do if they are not starting?
If you are set at those positions then I would say you don't even need 1 first round pick for a couple of reasons. 1st you will need the money to resign or keep all those players and 2nd I don't think an average SS will hurt your team. I don't know the contract situation or the age of the players currently on your team but I would highly recommend traded them away for some 2nd and 3rd round picks. I would rather have 10 picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round than 3 first round picks and whatever else you have.

Just my opinion