View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
lilgame06
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
So just to make it clear... You're mad because you got beat by a guy that was running screens, sweeps and slants against a guy who was running nearly nothing but blitzes... Guess what, that's football. Look at the Eagles in the playoffs the last two or three years in a row... The way to stop the blitz is to use short quick passes against man to man coverage, or crappy deep zones employed on most of the blitzes in this game, which is great, since it's fundamentaly sound... Stop blitzing every down and you'll have a better game... I have zero issues making stops on D in this game, and I only have a Madden IQ of 495 or something like that in this game, but I only blitz maybe once a set of downs... Nearly everyone plays with the mixed D that you were making reference to because it employs a ton of blitzes which are hard to to stop... Unless you run screens and slants... Learn your D then you'll have fun...
well in my original post...i admitted that im no defensive genius. so though i may have had some bad play calls here and there...it doesn't erase that he was taking advantage of exploits and loopholes in the game. but again, i admit, i am clearly horrible at stopping the outside run, whether it be a toss, pitch, stretch, etc. and i guess i didnt mean to make it sound that i did blitzes the whole game cuz thats not what i did. i believe my average for blitzes on my online profile is about 35 percent. i don't blitz that much because its way too much of a risk for the short pass to the rb with the lack of coverage into the flat areas of the field.