View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
Swingking77
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Sounds like you're one of these users.

I've had a similar story as the OP and haven't played online since. I like to literally grind out the clock when I have the ball; I pound the ball over and over until I have to throw (since I'm using the Panthers, that's the only way to win. ) so to the opposition it probably gets aggravating. However, I don't use the same formation all of the time - I mix and match, use some shotgun, wildcat, I-Form, Single-back, a little motion, etc. (i.e. sim-style based play)

Football isn't trying to find exploits in a video game and spend the whole game abusing it (especially the flats). LB, I noticed 2 guys I play go to the "generic" playbook and it makes sense now since the guy ran out of the goaline formation the whole game.
Not at all... I refuse to play ranked games since I can't stand that stuff, but in the end, if you're going to blitz ALL day long, even the most sound player is going to run things that get them yards. BUT I do know why it's happening, and he's even admited to what I've said... You blitz and you get beat with short passes. That's sound football. Like I said, look at the Eagles in the playoffs... Think of football as a game of paper, rock, scissors. Paper (screens and short passes) beats Rock (Blitz) every time. Just like Rock (Blitz) beats Scissors (runs up the middle). There is a way to counter everything in this game, but it's up to the D player to find out what that is... It's no more fake to have a guy run screens and stuff all the time, as it is to have a guy run blitz after blitz on you. The problem is that a lot of other stuff does not work when being blitzed. So why risk the sack when a quick dump off to a HB, WR, or TE running a slant solves this problem? In the end, it's up to the D player to stop being so agressive and play a little more passive instead of trying to dictate the entire game while they're on O AND on D with the blitzing... I know football. I coach it in real life and if a team keeps doing something that lets something we do well work, guess what we're doing every time they let us... That's the game of football. The problem is that play calling plays more of a roll in this years game then it has in years past, and as a result, weaker players that were given a chance last year when blitzing was all that and NOTHING could be done to slow it down...

Here... You can all educate yourselves a bit more if you'd like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_pass

Last edited by Swingking77; 11-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.