View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #469
malek05
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I don't get this.
Good teams usually are made by good players. Good players usually make difficult and clutch shots no matter how good of defense you play. And so a good team, compared to a bad team, isn't supposed to make clutch and difficult shots?
This is the quintessential wrong way to go about good teams and difficulty in sports game. For example, in NBA2k, at least when I play them, the celtics, cavs, and lakers, make every open shot that you do not perfectly contest, and I am not exaggerating when I say "make every open shot", I have never seen Pierce, Allen, and Garnett miss an open shot in this game, and they rarely miss shots that you contest, and i've played them with various teams using various defenses. I have never held these guys to under 60% percent shooting, and I know it is not my defense, because I've played the Heat and forced Wade to go 8-28 and score 20, I've played the Wiz and forced Gilbert to go 5-21 and score 17, I've faced the Spurs and made Tim Duncan go 7-19 with 16 points. But since 2k, imo, has clearly labeled the Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers, as god teams on here, the experience playing them is not even remotely close to playing any other team.

When I play them, entry passes that go into the lane seem to just sale over my players head because Kevin Garnett is there. Passes that are crisp against other opponents turn into cross court lobs that get picked off because Rondo is there. I was hoping for the better teams to play smarter ( take better shots, play better defense, not foul as much, get to the line more ) but the challenge playing them is purely based on them making a high level of shots. They don't out rebound you, they don't get to the line more, they don't really run anything resembling an offense, they block more shots, they are just going to shoot 68% from the field. I don't call that challenging, I call it cheap.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."