Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #383
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Please. He is a grown man and needs to be responsible for his own words. I find it very hard to imagine a message board taught him that.

You can put whatever spin you like on it, anti-EA, agenda motives or people not liking EA products. You can even assume people didn't appreciate having that type of interaction.

The problem is that interaction is useless if the information isn't being used. Regardless of if you agreed with how each person conveyed a message, the point was people are passionate about the game and want it to be improved. Expect some frustration with that passion.

At the end of the day, promises got made that didn't get kept. Its very easy to go back and look at Ian's own words in addition to EA's Dev Blogs and see things that simply are not in M10.

Its not that people cant look past the improvements in this years game, its that to some one lie can over shadow all promises kept.

Ian left on his own, seemingly not able to take the negative comments. Thats fine, thats on him. I commend the guy for coming out and saying it rather than just leaving. My issue is that he doesn't seem to understand why the negativity is there.

Asking about pursuit angle examples, saying ball certain morphs arent possible in the game and claiming the aspects of crowd noise worked when they didnt. He should have expected to get called out on all that exactly the way he did. You wanna market the game towards kids, thats fine, but dont come into a forum and treat people like kids.
You had me in the first part ,except for the lying part, you lost me in the second part.

Are you in the know that Ian left because of the negative comments and how they are presented? That is just pure speculation and we don't know the real reason. I don't mind myself and others to criticize the game, but not go after the developers when we are not in the know.(not saying you did, but others certainly did and that's why the TOS was added. that is on us)