View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #11
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

I think the guide is great, but the complaints abut no clean goals is pretty unfounded. I think the problem is that far more people here suck at at aiming thatn care to admit it. I absolutely hate having to aim the puck, as it makes it near impossible to get clean goals.

But I use auto-aim for all of my offline games, and I get plenty of clean goals. Brad Boyes will hit his spots far better than Brad Winchester. I feel like this presents a far more realistic game, and forces me to rely on my best players for scoring chances.

When I play online, my scoring takes a hit, and I rely on the tactics in this guide. But I think it is clear that the holes are there if you aim better, becasue the CPU finds them.

I haven't played the 2K game since NHL 2K7, but maybe it just cheats a little more, and is more forgiving in where you aim. Regardless, when I read about these complaints, I always felt like i must be playing a different game. It finally downed on me that I probably am. If EA would bring auto-aim to the online game, I'd actually play more games there.
Advertisements - Register to remove