View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #16
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

I'm having trouble finding "Auto aim" in the settings.

Auto-aim is only available in the gameplay options as you start a game. It is not a setting you can set so that it is turned on all the time. That bites, as well.

Again though, auto-aim, like sliders, is something we can't use online.

I think most of the guys here who get mad at the lack of clean goals are the guys who play primarily, if not exclusively, online.

Something definitely needs to give with the online portion of the game, whether it's auto-aim or slider tweaks, but it's all in EA's control right now.

I think it sucks that auto-aim is not available online, at least as an option in unranked games. So I can see why it is important to get the manual aiming part of the game down.

I used auto-aim for the longest time but have since switched to manual and am seeing far more goals than I would have imagined.
Auto seems to like to aim for the logo on the front of the goalie's jersey, which is a save 99.9% of the time.
Since switching to manual I have found I am able to shoot low from the point to allow rebounds, and I can also lift the puck over a sprawling goalie when in close.

Well, I think it maters on where you are taking your shots from, and who is taking the shots. I definitely have a higher shot percentage than .1%. But if you take the time to learn the nuances, as you seem to have, I can really see the benefit of using the manual aim.

But I have made plenty of clean shots from the point. In fact, I have taken my speed and accuracy down to reduce my numbers.

Auto-aim can be just flat out awesome. I'm just saying that the folks complaining abuot the lack of clean goals just aren't aiming very well.

And becasue I didn't mention it before, I just want to ad that Jayson Young's articles on NHL 09, and now 10 are some of my favorite features I have read here. His articles have not only boosted my play more than any other advice I have gotten, but have also enhanced my knowledge of the game. So I don't want my comments to detract from what is another really great article on NHL 10 strategies.

I just think the complaints abut the lack of clean goals may be misplaced.