View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 AM   #5
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Can someone give me a few tips on offensive?

there are two big tips to improving you passing game in order to get you to the next level. The first ia to be aware and know your plays. That may sound simple, but knowing where all of your receivers are supposed to be is very important and not everyone can do this. this is what separates Brady and Manning and Montana from players like Rex Grossman and other bad QBs. Once you start to feel comfortable with you plays, you now need to learn how to read a defense.

A few years ago Ron Jaworksi of ESPN was asked what it was like to be an NFL QB. what goes through your head as you break the huddle and i have taken his advice to heart and it helped me so much in my passing game. He said every time you break the huddle you have to identify the strong safety and the mike [middle] linebacker as they are the key to every defensive play. You should know your routes already, know where your guy are going to be. your job is to determine where the Defense is going and going to be. Playing QB is instinctual. you have to make a read, make a decision and be confident in that decision.

So you have to read if the strong safety is dropping into man or zone or blitz and what kind of zone if he is dropping into zone. It he dropping into a cover one, two, or three or a hook zone [in madden these are the yellow ones] sometimes they will go to the flats of [purple zones, can't think of name right this second] but not very often. Thre are tell tale signs of these zones and gong into practice and choosing these plays and looking for these signs will help you out. Next once you know where the SS is going, determine where the MLB is going and you should have a good idea of how the defense is forming. You do all of his as you are making your 3 or 5 step drop. You have to practice a lot and learn the signals and make good choices.

Once you can do both of these things your game should be greatly improved. Also, despite the claims, Madden 10 has timing passes. the orange receiver on any given play is designed, when not bumped at the line, to have the ball thrown at the after the completion of the drop back of the QB.

Get your timing down, know where your guys are going to be and have a good idea on how to read the D. I guess the last advice I can give, and this is my style of play, is be more conservative. you don't have to win the game on any given pass most games. Don't do something stupid with the ball like throw into double coverage o force a ball to a covered receiver just because you are afraid to get sacked. Ball security is just as important as solid QB play.

Regarding running the ball, follow your lead blockers, avoid the sprint button and mess with the sliders. The default sliders have your offensive linemen blowing blocks and not blocking all the time. runnign isn't too hard adn if you can average over 3ypc you are doing well. anything over 3.33ypc is "unstoppable" This means, on average, you should be gettign a first down after 3 straight hand offs. mixed with solid passing and you should have a potent offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove