View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #435
R.Moncrief
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The worst customers are the one that are unhappy and just go away. We are still here. I think we got a little spoiled by Ian posting blow by blow in the last development cycle and I would rather him grind out this patch so we will have a more enjoyable game.
I understand the point you are trying to get across but, in the end, that's subjective. In my opinion, the worst time consumers are the folks who stick around on message boards and constantly whine about a game/patch every day as though their desperate calls for improvement are being heard. Yes, the developers take into account what the public wants to see in their games but, you must agree, a lot of what is done here on OS and various boards around the internet is overkill.

I've been here before. For the Grand Theft Auto series I would be on GTAForums.com (a forum website that the Rockstar dev. team never forgets to appreciate in their game credits) day in and day out racking up post after post talking about the games, especially during the suspenful months before release. And you know what? I racked up well over 5,000 posts on that board. And one day, I decided to look back on myself and I saw someone who was definitely excited for the game but at the same time, I saw how much time I wasted discussing some ridiculous things. Eventually, when it came time to hype GTA4, I ceased to join in on the hype threads. And for that reason, I enjoyed that game a whole lot more. Patience is key to anything in life, not just video games. Some of us here are in college, and I'm sure can't wait to grab that degree and be done with the whole thing, but it's at least a 2-4 year road and patience is the greatest route to take.

All I'm saying is that many members here appear extremely impatient and childish. Many of them are warned, and ultimately banned, by the moderating staff. Why? Not because they're being censored. Not because any of us have lost the right to freedom of expression. Because sometimes it's downright annoying, and once again, childish.

Cummings released Patch 2 info on October 16th. It is now November 13th. Not even a month. About 20 of the 23 pages in this thread are a waste of time. The increasing demand will not force EA's hand (or Microsoft/Sony) to release the patch sooner. They will release it when they release it. That's the bottom line. They will follow protocol, submit the patch for approval, and we will all get the patch when it's time.

I didn't expect and I still wouldn't expect the patch 'til around Thanksgiving, when the Madden arcade game is released. These companies like to release things around the same time, right? So once December 1st hits, that's when people should START to get antsy.

Not friggin October 20th when the information was released October 16th and everyone's saying "omg where's the patch?", "I need the patch!", "C'mon EA hurry your asses up!"

Browsing OS has to be fun for guys like me too. And having to sift through this crap day in and day out isn't very fun. And the goal of the staff here is to limit people like me from having to sift through the mindless rants. And for that, I commend them. Modding a forum is easy work, I've done that in the past too, but it can become so unbelievably taxing on the mind to deal with the same stuff over and over again.

This is not my first post on the matter. I urge everyone once again to be patient. Hell, the dev. team should come on here and tell everyone to be patient. Maybe many of you would listen then, only to likely curse their arrival a day later when the patience runs up.
Advertisements - Register to remove