View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #22
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 10: Scoring Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyor
Imho I can't play with auto-aim on...it just makes no sense...this is the same as if I would watch a CPU-vs-CPU match. It takes away one of the last influence channels I have.
For Be a Pro, this makes a lot of sense. But I play mostly as the Blues through a season. I'm 40 games into it, and I like the Brad Boyes is leading my team with 20 goals, and David Perron picked up a hat trick last night. I find the right guys finding the net, while enforcers, like Cam Jansen can't find back of the net.

And I'm not saying that manual aim is bad, just noticing that the clean goals are in the game if you are talented enough to pick your spots. So when I see folks complain about the lack of clean goals, I know it is becasue they really aren't aiming for crap. The holes are there, the people just aren't finding them.

So unless what people are wanting is for EA to help them aim their manual aim shots, I don't see the big issue.

For me, the issue is that the purists make manual aim seem like it is absolutely necessary. When I asked about getting auto-aim into play-a-friend matches or unranked games on the EA boards, I was ridiculed as a noob, and told to learn to aim. It kind of pisses me off that EA is catering to this crowd, when this crowd can't even seem to use the tool they love so much well enough to enjoy their games.