View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #29
Jackdog
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Eerily Quiet - Here & Madden Forums

To the OP. Things haven't been quite in OS Madden Forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
The way to win over people that are unhappy is a good game. Simple as that. The way to make a better game is to get feedback from the people that care about making it better, not the ones that care more about insults.
That's exactly why threads like this never end well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
There's no 'possibly' to it. lol.

It sucks that we've been quiet, and I know there are folks here that are restless and also getting more and more negative, but there's not much I can do really. The 2nd title update has taken a long time to finish, and there were a bunch more hiccups in the road that we didn't expect. Larry and I created a blog showing what was approved and guaranteed to be in the patch, but as you all know I won't promise anything else until I'm 100% sure it's going in so I don't end up getting roasted (at least worse than I already do).

As Valdarez said, we are working on re-tooling how we will be communicating, and unfortunately it will not be daily direct interaction here on OS. As much as I loved many aspects of the interaction, it also got way too personal so there needs to be a better way to pull this stuff off that doesn't drive every employee that steps into the community into a depression. For every thread where I might have gotten great feedback on what to improve, there was some other guy making youtube videos about how he thinks I am a liar and posting them in the same thread. That type of s--t can ruin your night or even your weekend. So why put up with that if we don't have to?

Some ideas we've had so far include invite-only forums, polls, regular live chats, regular podcasts/radio show type of things, and many other ways to try and take all the lessons that we learned from the 10 cycle and fine-tune it to remove all the bad stuff for 11.

You will hear from us as soon as the information is locked in. Until then, I can't help much more than that.
Thanks Ian. Closed.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

Last edited by Jackdog; 11-13-2009 at 08:39 PM.