View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 11:27 PM   #12
Boregard
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 11 should limit playbook knowledge

Love the idea as it pertains to the players "knowing" the playbook

Hate the idea of making the playbooks coordinator dependent. I do think coordinators should have a bigger impact on team performance and would even like the idea that bringing in a new OC or DC would mean the players take a step back in the "playbook Knowledge" area so that a new coach "represents" a new system, but I don't have time to learn the ins and outs of a new playbook - Not to mention that I really want fully custom playbooks - so I can run an actual system rather than a seemingly random collection of plays EA throws together!

And I think that EA should make it an option in the franchise setup where you can choose wether or not playbooks are tied to coordinators or just the effects on playbook knowledge are attached to the hiring of new coordinators. That way guys who want that depth of realism get it, but guys like me who want to use a single playbook have that option!

Options - always felt that the custom playbooks shoul be an option anywhere in any mode!!! Ranked games ought to have options, franchise mode ought to have options, whatever mode you play online or off, you should have the option of turning on or off ; custom playbooks, fair play rules, fantasy draft and locking settings for franchise mode online or off for multi-user franchises. You should be able to create a custom session where you want to play a ranked game with custom playbooks and fair play on, or set your franchise so that the difficulty is locked at custom with all four main difficulty sliders at 14, and then set the CPU/special teams sliders and lock them so they can not be changed by anyone but the "commish"!!

If you don't want to play with custom playbooks you should definitely have that as a ranked game option, but I have several buddies and we only play against each other and we would like the added flexibility and chess match of adding in custom playbooks to our online franchise and why should we not get to???