View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
maademperor
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Awareness factor on draft

honestly, its ratings like these that probably make it hard for the devs to make the game play well...there is so many factors that the game has to compare and calculate on the fly that its no wonder we see jacked up blocking and d-linemen that dont even begin to consistently get after the qb. does a cb with 99mcv but 50 awr get beat in MCV or not? if both are 99 should be be like a second skin?

example-
DE with 80 speed/75 strength/90 finesse move and 80 awr
VS
Tackle with 69 speed/90 strenth/85 pass blocking/90 pass blocking footwork and 80 awr.

who is going to win here and how do you determine it? which of those ratings is going to cause the outcome and if its a combination of all them the game has to perform this for every blocker/rusher still factor in home field advantage, weather and penalties. ditto for safeties/cbs on thier coverage, HB to figure out break tackle/trucking/elusiveness/spin/stiff arm and WR with thier various catch ratings...we now have Catch, Spectacular Catch (dont even know what this is) and Catch in traffic along with RouteRunning.

in case you are wondering why I wrote all that, i just felt like typing cause i want to keep smoking this stogie instead of going inside