View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #16
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Maybe the Greatest of All Time, But Not In Its Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
But 2k5 as a product in its time was markedly inferior to Madden 2005 in many ways, including the franchise mode, player progression, framerate, and (even some would argue) overall visual quality. 2k is a martyr on these boards, but outside of the NBA2k series, what have they done on the 7th gen consoles to suggest that they would've done anything different but put out a new version of 2k5 every year with new rosters and a new feature here or there?
First, you cant say what VC would or wouldnt have added to NFL 2K because they were never given that chance. Tirubon has had that chance and while 2010 was decent, the gamepla still sucked and in many many ways was still behind 2K5 which is beyond sad because how any football game can still trail 2K5 five years later is beyond me.

Second, I'll give Madden 2005 the edge in franchise and I'll even admit that they had a lot of stuff that I wish was in 2K5 management wise but there's no way in hell, 2005 was better than 2K5 in visual quality. Anyone who thinks that is blind. Framerate wise, when the player models look like midgets, its kind of easy to keep the framerate consistent.

And third, the reason why most people think that 2K5 is still the best football game period is because even Madden fans will compare their current version of Madden to 2K5 year after year and that in itself is why 2K5 IS the best because every football game that has come after it is compared to it. Sort of how every 3D platform game was and still is compared Super Mario 64.

Personally, 2K5 is still the best football video game that I have ever played and if Madden 2010 is any indication, it will remain the best for years (and probably decades) to come.