View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #20
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system.

I appreciate your ideas and not just criticizing the game to be doing so but honestly this sounds like something that would never make it into the game because 95% of folks who play it would view it as a huge hassle. Remember the vision cone? Granted it had a lot of issues but it did seek to emulate something football oriented using a more complex system. And nearly everyone hated it. Most hated it just because it made the game more difficult whereas alot of other folks who did appreciate what it was trying to do also hated it because they thought it should be done differently. So the feature was removed.

Madden will never be this hard core because it has to appeal to too large of a cross section of consumers. What you are speaking of is a PC type game, like Front Page football, that was geared toward a computer-type crowd as opposed to the "couch crowd". Sorry but that's just what my opinion is, despite thinking the idea has merit that EA could look at, I can tell you that due to past failed experiments of this nature they never will.