View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
catcatch22
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
For me its a tie. Joe Montana NFL Football 94 is easily one of the best sports games in the 16 bit era. Every team had it's own playbook. Houston, Atlanta and Detroit had the Run and Shoot, 46 defense was in there, option pass tree routes where receivers ran routes based on the timing of the pass. Play by play announcer. Dynamic weather conditions. Best graphics by far. Complete stats for all the teams. Substitions, man in motion. A 3D filed allowing you to see 35-40 yards down the field when passing. The ability to pick a spot to throw to instead of just pressing a button to throw to a receiver.

World Series Baseball 95. Even by today's standards, easily and I mean easily one of the best sports games made today. Different stadiums for each and every team. Graphics were outstanding. Cursor hitting for the first time in a baseball game. Classic Home Run Derby with Ruth, Mays and Aaron like the old black and white tv show.

Without question those 2 were lighty years ahead of their time. And unlike the other games that have gotten better as the series moved on to other consoles these 2 were the pinnacle and have yet been equalled in many of their gameplay mechanics.

World Series Baseball 95
Joe Montana NFL Football 94