View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #30
mm boost
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: good ol' comeback ai!

I am chalking this one up as people need more practice on the sticks and more knowledge of the game. If you've ever played football in real life, you notice how realistic it is when a team starts mounting a come back.

Example, I was playing (yes, actually playing, not EA Sports NCAA '10) for NAIA school UVa-Wise (graduated this past May), and in my junior season 2 years ago, we was playing at North Greenville, SC in which is a NCAA D2 school. They were picked to win their conference that year and we played first game of the season. Fast forward to the 4th quarter, we were losing by 3 touchdowns, and in the matter of I believe 6-7 minutes, we had 2 onside kick returns and scored 3 touchdowns to win the game 63-56. We were severe underdogs, we were being schooled (no pun intended) by this team the whole game, completely dominated and then out of nowhere, we put up ungodly passing yards, rushing yards, and points scored and won the game.

When it comes to football, momentum is EVERYTHING. That is what you are experiencing in Madden. And it does not make sense to say that you were dominating in the first half, so you should continue to do so in the 2nd half. Ever heard of half time adjustments? Its very rare a team plays in the 2nd half exactly like they did in the first, unless they just blow and never win a game. Also, you're not gonna always get a first down, you're not gonna score on every play, and in those times that you do, and the CPU capitilizes on it, then they start getting momentum swinging their way and then, its like you reverse roles. That's football folks, its a chess match.

Last edited by mm boost; 11-18-2009 at 08:52 AM.