View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
dfos81
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Can Aaron Kampman be a 3-4 DE?

Kampman would more than likely do better at LE vs. OLB. W/ the Packers Lbers, I would convert him to LE in a heartbeat!

I'm currently playing a franchise (offline co-op) w/ the Cowboys. We are tied for 4th in the league in sacks and 1st in forced turnovers. We have D. Ware(12 sacks), Ratliff(10), Spears(8), and Spencer(6) w/ 3 games remaining in reg. season. We are on pace for about 55-60 sacks.
Our redzone is 1st in tds allowed, the downfall is we've fluctated from 20th, 25th in yards allowed per game. Thats the price you pay for being aggressive though.

I must be 1 of the few that belive the 3-4 D works well, if you know how to run it, filling the correct gaps w/ LBers, it really makes the short passing game a challenge. It can also lead to unblocked pass rushers w/ the correct blitzing schemes. Its deadly in the readzone when used correctly.
Now the simmed stats may be off on teams that use the 34 D, thats hard to prove b/c I've noticed teams using it up in the tops in total sacks, but its just more wide spread throughout the team.