Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #42
kpkpkp
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The glitched running

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I am on a 360. Just for the record, I firmly think this was put into the game to give the appearance of fixed pursuit angles.

It happens with zero constancy, just running with Addai the "hitching" starts to occur when a defender needs to catch me. If this was fatigue related I would expect it to happen at or near the same point yardage wise each time. For example, Addai would get tired 30 yards into a run and start to do this. Other players should do it as well, again its only the player the user is controlling that does this. That video has pretty concrete evidence in regards to it being on the 2nd offensive play of the game. No starting NFL HB should be winded after running 30 yards on the 2nd play of the game.

The fast setting is key. While it happens at other speeds the animation transition is smooth enough its nearly not noticeable. At Fast you get the benefit of watching everything else move and your player stop.

Provided you have Patch #1 installed properly, I see no reason why you couldn't replicate this. Because its clearly not a graphic or frame rate issue I see no reason why this cant happen on the PS3.

Which brings me to question, is the game code universal on all systems? I honestly have no idea, but would be interested to know.
Huh.

Well since I play on slow gamespeed, I guess it could be happening to me and I dont notice it.

Not that I care since when I got a nice breakaway the last few times I ran it all the way down the field for TD no problem. With no hitching.

But I'll try playing on fast gamespeed tonight, and see if I get a break away, and see if I notice the hitch show up when I'm controlling the runner.

Is anyone noticing this while playing on slow or very slow gamespeed?

Maybe if some posters who are experiencing this could post which gamespeed they're using when it happens? That would help