View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #17
alliance4g63
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
there are a lot of great games out now, madden being low on that list is not because of madden's lack of quality, but because there are a lot of other quality titles that are more recent.

honestly i don't understand how you guys can dog on madden so much considering this is the best madden in a long, long time. actually, in my opinion it's the best madden period. i understand it has some issues but i think you guys are too obsessed with finding a perfect football game and it's never going to happen.
But that is why it was so puzzling to me and solidifies my point. This is supposedly one of the best Maddens this gen and sold pretty well yet people are not playing it. It seems people are downloading the demo but not buying or even really renting the game in high numbers.

And I dont buy the competition argument. Football is an entirely different genre that is capable of selling huge numbers. I think it was mentioned that in the golden year(04-05), football games sold I think 10 million copies. Yet Madden is struggling to sell a few million these days. That means that there are still millions of consumers out there that are sitting on the sidelines and/or as you can see spending their money elsewhere.