View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #43
alliance4g63
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Once again, it's due to other hyped AAA games taking over and being with previous hyped AAA games. COD MW2 came out this year along with Halo ODST. If those games didn't come out this year I'm more than sure that Madden would be higher in rank for this month.

You see it as just Madden and/or football gaming when the example you are using is representative of how gaming is as a whole this gen.
And you make my point once again. Madden and football gaming(since Madden represents football gaming) is no longer considered AAA. Do you think this is the first time that Madden has competed with AAA games for top 10 space. Heck no.

And what you said is pure speculation. From the numbers provided Madden continues to drop on the list. To me that shows a trend. I'm speculating it has nothing to do with install bases, AAA competition or whatever other non-factual reason you can come up with. It has to do with people knowing when they put 60 bux down on MW2 that it will be worth the money. Whereas with a Madden purchase, you have potential of regret. Not to mention the newest trend, that you may have to wait months until the game is actually playable.