Old 11-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #53
Bgamer90
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
What?! I don't understand what you are saying here. Other genres also dont have the same mainstream buzz as before?
Compared to shooters I would definitely say no. While shooters were pretty popular last gen, the popularity has increased even more this gen thus decreasing the popularity of everything else.

Quote:
Ok the only thing I can get from this post is true because Forza sales are low. We will find out in next month's NPD but it seems like the sales are lacking. And so if that is what you meant, then there is some truth there.
Yeah, Forza 3 can be an example. Shooters like COD play a big part in why other games released in November get sales that aren't as good as expected.

Quote:
My only argument would be that football games are just as much pick up and play as any other genre. And again I think the argument is moot because Madden 09 stayed in the top 10 amongst FPS/pick up play games last year.
With sports sim games though you have to play through the game for a good number of minutes... with shooters though you can play through one game in much less time so yeah, that's why I say they are more pick up and play (when it comes to online). Don't get me wrong though... I still think sports games are very pick up and play.

Anyways most of the same games that Madden 09 was competing with last year are still on the list now along with their sequels/spin-offs. So yeah... all I'm saying is that that should be taken into consideration.