View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #62
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
So the other genres have increased in popularity so much that it keeps Madden 10(not 9 or 8 or even 7) out of the top 10 just a month after release?
And these genres were not as popular last year right. They just showed up one day and were instant blockbusters. COD4 says hi!

And games are becoming more popular as the user base grows. Well guess what.. the same genres that lead every year are the same genres that are still leading, with the exception of!! Wait for it..... FOOTBALL VIDEOGAMES!
Lol, you just love proving my argument.

Madden 08 was higher up on the list than Madden 09. Madden 09 was higher up on the list than Madden 10. This is what is called a steady decline.

Those FPS games? They are seeing more and more time in the top 10 each year. This is called a steady INCLINE.

None of them just "suddenly appeared on those lists". They came out, were popular, and as later iterations released, they grew in said popularity and began taking over the charts. The install base of video games is growing, henceforth so grows the install base for those other genres. And like one of the posters before me mentioned, it's a heck of a lot easier and more fun for a group of friends to all go home after school and hop online to play MW2 together. If they play Madden (or any other sports game), then only two at a time can play. What fun is that when all of you want to play online together?

Sorry dude, these numbers show nothing more than the fact that shooters allow for larger groups of friends to play together online at a time. So yes, the same genres lead every year, but MORE from that genre are scratching into the top ten, because that genre is becoming MORE popular. Something has to get pushed to the side.

Everyone I know still buys Madden, no one I know plays it online. It has nothing to do with its quality, it has everything to do with there being more online oriented games that allow for more of us to get together and play at once.