View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 04:00 AM   #625
Flamehead
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

So here's what I'm wondering:

Will everyone here who's frustrated with the fact that a) patches are needed to fix some fairly significant issues, and b) the fact that they're taking so long, remember this in the summer and clamor to include questions about quality assurance if/when EA takes questions about Madden 2011?

Inevitably I'm sure EA wants to get this patch done, for among other reasons, so that things calm down a bit and they can begin turning everyone's attention to Madden '11--you know, the traditional "look what we have coming guys!"

My hope is that this frustration is not forgotten in the hype of the next game, and that effective quality control PRE-release becomes a legitimate issue for discussion. Not the sexiest thing in the world, but are we not impacted by it well into November?

While not probable, I believe this is possible if EA is not given COMPLETE free reign to COMPLETELY dictate the course of those discussions based on public feedback. Of course, they could still choose to ignore those questions or comments because they wouldn't fit into the marketing message and talking points that must be adhered to. And if so, then ce' la vie.

IMHO, Madden '10 was a better effort, but not solid. And I'm not even talking new features, because those inevitably come in time. I'm simply talking about releasing a product in August that is tantamount to beta, then announcing to the community that you'll just let them bring to your attention what needs to be fixed, i.e., the "cream rising to the top" comment thrown out there (by yes, Ian). We effectively become paying QA testers, and lnumerous threads appear regarding patches and their status as time goes on.

We can debate the merits of patches all we want, but if this is their idea of QA, it is horribly lacking and becomes more prevalent with each release. Do the developers lack the skill set to "get it done"? Given the repeated history with this, I submit these are valid questions regardless of any mods with itchy trigger fingers or fans who (in extreme cases) are the "Bagdad Bobs" of Madden (everything's fine; nothing to see here; everything is under control. Please go back into your homes and be happy with your beta).

So, even if you get what you want in this patch, will you be willing to go through it again next year? Or will it be important enough to tell that them that you care about this at the beginning? Or will you care at all then, though you may care now?

Last edited by Flamehead; 11-19-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove