Old 11-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #75
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Xbox live activity November 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I can't believe what I am hearing. You were one of Madden's biggest supporters. Now you have not played in forever and you are waiting on the patch? What happened?

I'm not trying to flame you, honestly. We have had many civil discussions and I hope that you realize that I don't mean this in a negative or adversarial way. I am genuinely curious what has made you change so drastically from it being a great game to it being a game that isn't worth playing until they patch it.
The answer is simple and I think I stated this previously in this thread. 2k10 basketball after their patch is a great game.

I also made a post somewhere in this forum that I've made a conscious decision not to mess with sliders with yearly cycled sports games. Previously, I've been a gamer that monkey's with sliders for 3-4 months just to get the stats to avg close to life. I'm taking a more laid back approach like I did when I was a kid when our friends gathered around for Electric Football, Photo-Electric Football and Talking Football and played for hours on end and didn't worry about a punter lining up at the OL, or screens passes being too effective. By the time I have the sliders where I want them, I only am allowed to play a season before the next sport game comes out.

Why should I waste my time and efforts in developing sliders for myself when there is a patch that will drop any day that will effect those slider changes?

This way, I'll spend a few weeks with tweaking sliders and go back to my youth and have some more fun with games and take them as they are(with enhanced patches), not for what they could be.

Father time is creeping up on me.

I'm not asking anyone to jump on my bandwagon because we do need realism in the games and the people should continue to discuss in what they believe in. Maybe at a later time period down the road, people will hop onto the train I'm riding.
Advertisements - Register to remove